Lakeland college was established on November 17, 1913, with citizens filling the hallways of a new college building for the official opening of the Vermilion School of Agriculture. That day we became the third post-secondary institution in Alberta.
Our history started earlier. The Vermilion Board of Trade lobbied the provincial government for an agricultural school. Eventually, Vermilion was named a demonstration farm location in 1911. Then, it was selected as one of three schools of agriculture.
Hands-on was how we started, and we continue to be home to the most hands-on education in Canada.
Over time,. lakeland college has weathered closure during the flu epidemic of 1918, tough economic times in the late 1920s and the Great Depression, and during WW2.
We’ve had 4 name changes:
- Vermilion School of Agriculture
- Vermilion Agricultural & Vocational College (1963)
- Vermilion College (1970)
- Lakeland College (1975)
- BSc result + transcripts
- WAEC or NECO
- scratch card
- copy of international passport
- 1 or 2 academic reference letter(s)
- 200 words of personal statements, CV- stating why you want to study the course and how it will be of benefit to you; stating your pre-requisite experience of the course, career prospect, and why you will return to Nigeria or your country
- Completed student information form (request for it from our Education Consultancy Service)
Apply through Study Agent in Nigeria near you.
Contact our Study Agent in Lagos:
SOS International Education Consulting
No 11 AJenifuja Street Behind
Sterling Bank Benson Bus stop
Visit the website below and register to provide your necessary information and document to the Education Consultancy Company