Studying at the University of Sussex gives you the opportunity to change the world. Since its foundation in 1961, the University has been at the forefront of change – having pushed for development and demanded more, creating a better future for individuals and communities around the world.
At the University of Sussex International Study Centre, you will have the opportunity to improve your English language skills, develop your academic knowledge and grow in confidence. Our courses are designed to prepare you to succeed in your degree, your career and in the world. 96% of International Study Centre students who completed their programme in 2018 were offered a place to study at the University of Sussex
Brighton is ranked the happiest city in England for students.
WHY CHOOSE UNIVERSITY OF SUSSEX?
- Research that delivers: Research at the University of Sussex makes a difference. Sussex’s research is internationally recognized for drawing together leading academics from different disciplines – an approach that delivers the most powerful and meaningful results. 75% of the University’s research activity is considered ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
- Teaching that counts: By studying at the University of Sussex you will learn from some of the best university teachers and researchers in the UK, who work at the forefront of their fields. Our teaching staff includes recognized Academicians and Fellows. In addition, three Nobel Prize winners and one prestigious Crafoord Prize winner have taught at Sussex
- Locations that inspire: The University of Sussex campus offers a unique combination of tranquility and energy. We are surrounded by a beautiful national park, yet at the same time we are a short train journey from Brighton. Brighton has fantastic transport links, with easy access to major airports, so you’ll easily be able to explore the rest of the UK and Europe
- Discover Brighton: One of the UK’s most vibrant cities, studying at the University of Sussex offers you a unique university experience. Whether you prefer the beach to the countryside, or its creativity to its rich history, Brighton has something for everyone
- Campus life: You will find everything you need at the University of Sussex. The campus boasts state-of-the-art facilities, a lively Students’ Union, as well as a number of food, drink and entertainment options
- Admissions support: Once you apply to study with us at the International Study Centre, you will be allocated a dedicated Student Enrolment Advisor to help guide and support you throughout the admissions process, free of charge.
- Highly ranked: University of Sussex is ranked 160th in the world in the Times Higher Education World Rankings
- 2021 Graduate prospects: 96% of the University’s graduates in work or further study according to Which? 2019. You will find everything you need to succeed in your future academic and career goals. Sussex is the perfect place to achieve your dreams.
- Exciting location: The University of Sussex campus offers a unique combination of tranquility and energy. We are surrounded by a beautiful national park, yet at the same time we are a short train journey from Brighton
#consistently highly ranked
The University’s impressive rankings speak for themselves. Sussex is consistently highly ranked in the major UK and world league tables:
- 20th in the UK Times Higher Education World Rankings 2021
- 20th in the UK ARWU World University Rankings 2020
- 160th in the world Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021
- #1 in the world for Development Studies QS World University Rankings 2020
- 10th in the UK for Business and Economics The Times Higher World University Rankings 2021 by subject
· Learn to transform: ensuring that studying at Sussex is a life-changing experience for every student
· Research with impact: building an international reputation for research that makes a difference to people’s lives
· Engage for change: forming partnerships and making connections, in pursuit of progressive goals
TOP REASON TO STUDY AT UNIVERSITY OF SUSSEX
Our aim is to get you to where you want to be, studying for a postgraduate or undergraduate degree at the University of Sussex.
Studying with us in 2021 is about putting your education first. It is your time to learn, to develop and to be ready for the world. By starting your university education now, you can look forward to achieving your graduation dreams and starting an exciting graduate-level job in just a few short years. Whether your goal is to start your own business, research medical developments, work for an NGO or something in between, this is your future.
You will experience the level of exceptional, high-quality teaching you would expect from an Office for Students registered provider, whether you study virtually or on campus.
One to one support
Academic guidance, tutorial sessions, careers support and personal welfare support is all available virtually and on campus. You’ll be part of a community of international students and we’ll be here to support you on your university journey.
Keep your studies on track and start your programme virtually or on campus. We’ll make sure you’re ready to progress to the University of Sussex as planned.
Preparation Programmes at Sussex
- International Foundation Year
- International year one
- Pre Master’s Programme
- Master’s Programme
What is the International Foundation Year?
The International Foundation Year is a university preparation course. It is designed to improve your English language and academic study skills before you begin the first year of your chosen undergraduate degree.
When you successfully complete the course you can progress into the first year of your degree, provided you meet all of the conditions of entry. The skills you develop mean you can achieve success in all your ventures; in your degree, in your career and in the world.
Who is this programme for?
The International Foundation Year is suitable for those who do not meet the entry requirements for direct entry to an undergraduate degree at Sussex, or students who would like some extra support.
You will study a combination of core and subject-specific modules that focus on teaching you the English language, study skills, employability and academic areas most relevant to your chosen degree at Sussex. The teaching styles on this course mirror those at the University, so you will be familiar with Sussex’s learning styles before you even start your degree.
|Course facts||Semester dates|
Semester 1: 04 January 2022 – 08 April 2022
Semester 2: 25 April 2022 – 05 August 2022
September and January
Semester 1: 20 September 2021 – 17 December 2021
Semester 2: 10 January 2022 – 22 April 2022
Choose your subject route
You choose to study one of the two subject routes below, which have different “pathway” options that focus on particular subjects. You choose your pathway based on your intended undergraduate programme, as it provides the deeper level of specialist knowledge you need for degree study.
- Business, Media and Social Sciences
you can choose from pathways in Business, Management and Economics; Film and Media; or Social Sciences, Global Studies and Law, depending on which degree you intend to progress to.
- Science and Engineering
Choose from four different pathway options in Life Sciences; Psychology; Computing; or Engineering based on the undergraduate degree you intend to study.
Why study the International Foundation Year?
By studying this programme, you can benefit in the long term by getting an insight into your chosen subject ahead of beginning your university degree. You will be guided through your first year in the UK by our attentive staff, and be given all the emotional and academic support you need to feel comfortable and prepared for success.
Other reasons to study include:
At a certain point during your pathway programme, you will have the option to change your chosen progression degree, guided by our expert staff. This gives you the chance to explore the subjects in further depth before choosing the one that interests you the most.
Focus on your career
We know that you may already be thinking about your future career, which is why we have integrated a careers element into our academic courses at the International Study Centre. Career Ahead will guide you towards making the right choices and give you the tools you need to stand out in the competitive graduate job market.
Assess your progress
We will assess your progress regularly to ensure you are on track to complete your course successfully, so that you can go on to study your chosen degree at Sussex. You may take part in exams, seminar discussions, group projects, presentations, laboratory practicals, software exercises and essays as part of your overall assessment.
Details of offer:
- Location: Brighton
- Host institute: University of Sussex
- University type: Private
- Tuition Fees: $15,500 – 30,450 GBP (UG)
$15,500 – 19,200 GBP (MSC)
- Program level: undergraduate and graduate
What are entry requirements?
If you want to study an academic course at the International Study Centre, you will need to meet certain conditions, called entry requirements. Entry requirements typically include a mixture of:
- English language – these requirements are expressed as Academic IELTS for UKVI* scores. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a test that measures language proficiency.
- Academic qualifications – these requirements are shown by country, so that you can easily see the grades, exams or experience you’ll need to have.
- Minimum age – these requirements show the age you need to be
- Nationality – currently our courses are only available to international students (students who are not from the UK or from the EU).
- BSc result + transcripts
- WAEC or NECO
- scratch card
- copy of international passport
- 1 or 2 academic reference letter(s)
- 200 words of personal statements, CV- stating why you want to study the course and how it will be of benefit to you; stating your pre-requisite experience of the course, career prospect and why you will return to Nigeria or your country
- Completed student information form (request for it from our Education Consultancy Service)
Apply through Study Agent in Nigeria near you.
Contact our Study Agent in Lagos:
SOS International Education Consulting
97 Lagos Road, Aruna Bus Stop,
Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria.
Visit the website below and register to provide your necessary information and document to the Education Consultancy Company