Study Master of Science
This new and exciting MSc route offers graduates from any background the opportunity to transfer their graduate skills and harness them in becoming a nurse.
Recognizing the changing context of healthcare and the profile of nurses needed, the MSc Nursing Studies aims to equip graduate student nurses with advanced critical thinking skills, as well as practical skills and competencies to deliver compassionate, competent, person-centered, effective, safe and high quality health care.
MSc graduates will be expected make a significant contribution to ‘improving lives’ at an individual, community and global level. While working in partnership with health and social care professionals to meet the needs of patients, clients and service users, they will also contribute to public health outcomes through education and health improvement interventions.
The program benefits from a strong emphasis on inter-professional education whereby students are able to learn with and from other health professionals. The MSc also offers a unique opportunity for graduates to progress academically to Masters level while gaining registration as an adult nurse. Graduate opportunities include employment in a diverse range of healthcare settings within the United Kingdom and internationally.
Meet World Changing Glasgow
Our people have always been at the forefront of innovation and our past achievements inspire our current world changers.
- 1765 James Watt gives power to the industrial revolution.
- 1776 Adam Smith lays the foundations of modern economics.
- 1848 Lord Kelvin proposes an absolute scale of temperature, now called the Kelvin Scale.
- 1867 Joseph Lister gives us antiseptic in surgery.
- 1894 Marion Gilchrist is the first woman in Scotland to graduate in medicine.
- 1896 John MacIntyre opens the world’s first x-ray department.
- 1913 Frederick Soddy discovers isotopes.
- 1926 John Logie Baird invents television.
- 1958 Ian Donald shows us the first ultrasound image of a foetus.
- 1967 Jocelyn Bell Burnell discovers radio pulsars.
- 1974 Graham Teasdale and Bryan Jennett create the Glasgow Coma Scale.
- 2004 Edwin Morgan becomes Scotland’s first National Poet.
- 2014 Nicola Sturgeon becomes the first female First Minister of Scotland.
- 2015 Sheila Rowan leads the Glasgow team that first detected gravitational waves.
Details of Program
Host Institution: Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland
Program level: Postgraduate Certificate / Master’s Degree
Length: 28 month master’s degree plus a work placement
Undergraduate degree: Mininum of 2:2
Tuition fee: £13,500.00 GBP/year
Cost of Living: £12,180.00 GBP/year
Starting Dates: January 2022 (opens now for application.)
Applicants must have graduated within 5 years of the start date of this Program
- BSc result + transcripts
- WAEC or NECO
- scratch card
- copy of international passport
- 1 or 2 academic reference letter(s)
- 200 words of personal statements, CV- stating why you want to study the course and how it will be of benefit to you; stating your pre-requisite experience of the course, career prospect and why you will return to Nigeria or your country
- Completed student information form (request for it from our Education Consultancy Service)
Apply through Study Agent in Nigeria near you.
Contact our Study Agent in Lagos:
SOS International Education Consulting
97 Lagos Road, Aruna Bus Stop,
Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria.Tel: +2348057890106
Visit the website below and register to provide your necessary information and document to the Education Consultancy Company