University of Waikato College prepares you for postgraduate study and offers Opportunity to apply for a three year, post-study open work visa.The University of Waikato’s Triple Crown accredited business school,Accredited to AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA – only 1% of the world’s business schools have met the strict standards of all three accreditation bodies.
The University of Waikato is committed to delivering a world-class education and research portfolio, providing a full and dynamic university experience, distinctive in character, and pursuing strong international links to advance knowledge.
Why study the International Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation – Pre-Masters (DipPP)?
The Diploma in Postgraduate preparation – Pre-Masters enables you to obtain the English language, academic literacies, and personal and professional skills you need to progress to postgraduate studies at University of Waikato’s Triple Crown accredited business school. The programme is an 8-month 120 point New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) level 7 qualifications, offering you an alternative pathway into a range of Masters Degrees at the University of Waikato
once you progress
Successful completion of the Pre-Masters programme enables you to progress to one of the following postgraduate degrees at the University of Waikato:
• Master of Applied Finance
• Master of Business and Management
• Master of Digital Business
• Master of Management (Marketing)
• Master of Management (Supply Chain Management)
• Master of Professional Accounting
Why study at Waikato?
1. Waikato experience: Our campuses are bursting with life and energy. With smaller class sizes, better access to lecturers, affordable living, a wide range of support services, and with dozens of student clubs, your student experience at Waikato will be exciting and unique.
2. Flexibility: Our flexible degree structures mean you can study a broad range of subjects to shape a qualification that matches your strengths and career interests. Enjoy learning that fits with your lifestyle.
3. Internationally recognized: The University of Waikato is an internationally recognized university, with many of our subjects ranked highly in the 2021 QS World University Subject Rankings.
4. Scholarships: We believe in rewarding success, which is why we offer hundreds of scholarships every year to our students to help fund study and study-related expenses.
5. Teaching excellence: Our students learn from award-winning lecturers and researchers who are committed to delivering you a world-class, innovative education. Keep up to date with our latest research projects.
6. Industry ready: Each year, we offer more than 2000 industry placements and internships. Whether you’re an undergraduate or postgraduate student, our partnerships and networks give you valuable opportunities to embed yourself in local and international organizations as part of your learning experience.
Nestled in New Zealand’s heartland, Hamilton and Tauranga are two of our country’s fastest growing cities, both within an easy commute to Auckland. Enjoy the lifestyle you want without the expense of living in a major city.
And then there’s the region beyond – some of the country’s best beaches, mountains, lakes and attractions are on our doorstep for you to enjoy.
Located in the heart of Tauranga city, our campus lets you combine world-class university study with a relaxed lifestyle surrounded by stunning beaches.
Brand-new Campus The central city campus offers a modern, multipurpose space where students, researchers, the community and industry can work together. Part of an ever-growing educational precinct, the campus includes state-of-the-art science and engineering labs, a marine science research centre, and high performance sports facility.
Coastal lifestyle The Bay of Plenty region lives up to its name and offers an enviable coastal lifestyle, including the gold-sand beaches of Mt Maunganui and Papamoa, while still being close to Auckland and Hamilton. Venture to the downtown waterfront precinct to enjoy a meal or drink at one of the lively bars or restaurants. Bustling with arts, cultural, sporting and recreational activities, Tauranga has everything you need.
Thriving industries Tauranga boasts the busiest port by cargo volume in New Zealand, is home to global export giants including Zespri (kiwifruit) and Comvita (mānuka honey), and is prospering in the engineering and robotics sectors. The region offers great opportunities for work placements and future employment.
Delivering for tomorrow
Our traditional areas of strength in Education, Social Sciences, Indigenous Studies and Management (including Economics) form part of our strong contribution to New Zealand industry and society. When it comes to the arts, University of Waikato students have access to quality performing arts programmes utilising the purpose-built Gallagher Academy.
Details of offer:
- Location: New Zealand
- Host institute: University of Waikato College
- University type: Private
- Tuition Fees: $31,615 (Nzd$)
- Program level: Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation – Pre-Masters (DipPP)
- Second in the world for peacefulness
- Third in the world for preparing students for the future
**For the latest information on New Zealand immigration, see https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19. Once the Master’s degree has been successfully completed.
All amounts are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and refer to study in 2021 unless otherwise specified.
CUP: $11,515; CAFS $11,515 per trimester
$25,915 – $37,875
$31,615 – $39,125 (120 points); $47,425 – $56,260 (180 points)
Graduate Diplomas and Certificates
GradDip (120 points): $25,915 – $37,875. GradCert (60 points): Approx. half the equivalent GradDip
Postgraduate Diplomas and Certificates
PGDip (120 points): $30,855 – $40,290. PGCert (60 points): $15,430 – $20,145
Higher Research Degrees (PhD, Research Thesis, MPhil, EdD)
Approximate costs: $6,332-$6,763 (domestic entitlement) or $32,577-$42,841
- BSc result + transcripts
- WAEC or NECO
- scratch card
- copy of international passport
- 1 or 2 academic reference letter(s)
- 200 words of personal statements, CV- stating why you want to study the course and how it will be of benefit to you; stating your pre-requisite experience of the course, career prospect and why you will return to Nigeria or your country
- Completed student information form (request for it from our Education Consultancy Service)
How to Apply
Apply through Study Agent in Nigeria near you.
For more information about academic and English language entry requirements for the Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation – Pre-Masters(DipPP).
Contact our Study Agent in Lagos:
SOS International Education Consulting
97 Lagos Road, Aruna Bus Stop,
Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria.
Visit the website below and register to provide your necessary information and document to the Education Consultancy Company